You might have noticed that this blog of mine has gotten mighty quiet on the sort of programming-related (especially Cocoa-related) topics I historically have written about here.
So, where do I write about programming nowadays?
The first issue with an article of mine in it.
Here’s some of what I’ve written about:
- C and Objective-C basics
- Introduction to NSOperationQueue
- Uses of GCD besides
dispatch_async(this one was split over two issues)
- How Cocoa and Cocoa Touch use blocks
- A sampling of available developer tools, both Apple and third-party (co-written with Boisy Pitre)
- Reviews of developer documentation viewers
- Using Quick Look
- Practical applications of Core Image
If you want to read my previous articles, they sell old print issues for $10 each, and they sell old issues from January 2012 onward in their iPad app for $5 each.
If you want to read future articles, it’s cheaper to subscribe: iPad subscriptions are $11 (in-app) for three months, and print subscriptions are $47 for a year (or cheaper with certain coupons).
I’ve got some good stuff coming up. The immediate next thing is a two-parter on essential tools and best practices for developers. Part 1 should be in the August issue.